Monday, September 27, 2010

This Stuff Really Works



You know…I’ve been practicing Kundalini Yoga for about 10 years now. (Shocking, I know!) So you would think that some of the awe and wonder of the practice might have worn off by now…but, NO! Not at all. I still find myself marveling at how much this stuff really works and how powerful and obvious the effects are in my day-to-day existence.

I was recently assigned the Pituitary Gland Series by my mentor. This is a relatively easy yoga set to stimulate the “Master” gland, which plays a major role in regulating many of the body systems and processes. From a more yogic perspective we say that the Pituitary gland is associated with the Third Eye Point. This is our energetic center of Intuition. As some of you know, I am a pretty intuitive person is certain instances or moments…but my intuition is always something I feel like I could develop or strengthen more.

I also have to admit that I’ve been assigned this kriya (set of yoga postures) before…and I would do it for a few days and then give it up. I just couldn’t get it to stick. For some reason now is the time. I am on Day 17 of a 120-day practice…and I am absolutely LOVING it! This is one of the greatest sets ever! (If you take my classes you also know I say that about a lot of sets….but they all really are that good)

I love how this set makes me feel afterwards…totally calm, focused and energized. I love the flow between the postures in this set….graceful movement from lunge, to resting to standing, down dog moves gracefully to cobra etc. But, the coolest part is how IN TUNE I am lately. After the first week of doing this set I started to feel like Angad (the owner of YogaSoul, who I do a lot of work with) and I had the same brain. It was like we were literally thinking the same thoughts…a few times I had to ask if we had actually spoken about certain topics or if I had just picked it up intuitively.

And beyond that things just started clicking right into place in my life with SO much ease….I was almost unnerved by how easily some major life shifts happened. In ONE DAY I bought a new car and applied for a new, beautiful apartment…wowzas!

And I can honestly with 100% certainty say all of this beautiful stuff is a direct result of me getting onto my mat every day and practicing this set of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan.

I know, I know I’ve been doing this forever why am I still so shocked at how well it works? I don’t know why I am still so amazed…but I hope it continues. I hope I never cease to be amazed and grateful for this perfect technology. I hope I get to continue to be overwhelmed by gratitude for the ability to sit on my mat each day, to practice yoga and meditate. I hope that the wonder of it all continues for the rest of my life.


Wahe Guru! (Which translates as Wow! The power of the universal energy, which brings me into the light of the Divine)

Nirmal

PS- Mantra Night is coming up!! Friday 10/1 6:30pm at YogaSoul…come share in my ecstasy by chanting Wahe Guru!! Click Here to Register

PPS- I am leading the Pituitary Gland Series every Saturday during early morning sadhana…4:30-6:30am, come bliss out with a FREE yoga class! Click Here for Details


No comments: