Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Yoga-Thon-A-Rama

I was blessed with the opportunity to spend a month in New Mexico this summer. Every year in August the Kundalini Research Institute holds a month-long Teacher Training Course. This year I was invited to attend the course as a Trainer in Training (or TNT as we we’re called during the course).


Most teacher training courses happen over a 9 month period...with lots of time for introspection, reflection and processing. In the immersion format everything is SO tightly packed that there really isn’t time for all of that. I think I’ll still be absorbing and learning from this course for many months to come.


That being said I have grown immensely in my appreciation for and understanding of what it really means to be a Trainer of Kundalini Yoga Teachers. This is no small thing. I truly and honestly believe that the way we are going to change the world to a more peaceful place is by individuals becoming more peaceful within themselves. In my experience Kundalini Yoga and Meditation is the best way to create harmony, peace, happiness and love within MYself...and I see that transformation happen every time I teach a yoga class.


So, to be able to teach other people HOW to create the space for individual students to have their own transformation from darkness to light, sadness to happiness, discord to peace....is a huge responsibility. We’re talking superhero, save-the-world kind of stuff here. Whew!


I know, beyond a doubt, that this is my path in life. To love, share and expand the teachings of Yogi Bhajan...to hold a space where individuals can find their light and learn to turn on the lights of those around them....what an awesome gift.


I hope that as the weeks continue I will begin to grasp even more depth and appreciation for my month at the “mother ashram” in New Mexico...and as I do, I hope to share those insights with you. Thank you all for being a part of my journey on this path.


Sat Nam,

Nirmal


No comments: