Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Land of Enchantment- Part 1

I told several people before I left Minnesota that I felt like I was at the beginning of a big wave of change in my life….but I wasn’t sure where that wave would take me. I now feel like I am in the midst of that wave…a full-scale reorganization of my psyche/life…and I still have no idea where that wave is headed. What I do know is that I am in exactly the right place for this moment of my life. I know that I made the right choice in trusting in God/The Universe and jumping headlong into this murky, wandering-wave world.

I’ve been in New Mexico for almost two months now….which is hard to believe. While it has been an extremely busy time…it has been equally rewarding. When I first arrived I was working for 2 different organizations. 3HO, which organizes the annual Summer Solstice Celebration and KRI which hosts the Level 2 Teacher Training course just after Solstice. (This may give you some idea as to why I haven’t been blogging yet….2 full time jobs sure does eat up your time).

Summer Solstice was a wonderful experience. It was challenging for me because I was working a lot during the event….which meant that I didn’t get to enjoy many yoga classes, social time etc. While I love being of service and holding the “behind the scenes” space at Solstice I did really miss a lot of the other elements of the event this year. Even so, Solstice is such a sweet time for me to be in the larger Sangat (spiritual community). I love being in Sadhana (early morning practice), taking a yoga class or sitting in Tantric lines with several hundred people. It is lovely to be reminded that there are many more wonderful people out there doing their best to walk on the path of consciousness.

I have more down time the next few weeks so I’m planning to blog a bit more….stay tuned for more about the Level 2 Course and the FIRE!

No comments: